Help for LIB-RFID-UK Archives

LIB-RFID-UK Archives

LIB-RFID-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIB-RFID-UK Home

LIB-RFID-UK  November 2009

LIB-RFID-UK November 2009

FW: [LIB-RFID-UK] Self-service holds/requests

"Harrison, Fay" <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion List for RFID in Libraries <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:11:01 -0000

Hi, Marjorie.  We've recently implemented self collection of
reservations here at NTU.  My colleagues who manage the front end of
this service report that so far all is going well and there doesn't seem
to be any negative issues reported by library staff or students.  To
comply with data protection we've created a hold slip that contains a
'self collection reference number' which is comprised of the first
3-chars of the patron's surname and the last 5-digits of their Library
barcode number.  We also include this 'self collection reference number'
in the email to the user advising them that the item is ready for
collection.  Our legal department have approved both so they're happy
that we comply with Data Protection.  I've attached a sample shelf slip
for a book reserved for me along with the accompanying email so you can
see how the reference number is displayed.

I hope this is of help to you, and of course please ask if you need
further details.

Regards,
F.
Fay Harrison
eServices Manager (LMS)
Libraries and Learning Resources
Nottingham Trent University
*(+44) 115 848 6524 (direct), 07974 397161 (mobile)