I was asked to post this; please reply to the contact details given below.
*Director of Revenue Forecasting*
This position is based in Google's Headquarters in Mountain View, California
The area: Finance
In addition to assisting business leaders throughout the company with
all finance-related matters, the Financial Planning and Analysis
organization is also consistently looked upon to provide analytical
perspectives to important strategic decisions. Our mandate is to
design, implement and manage the processes that support business needs.
This mandate includes developing financial forecasts and analyses,
generating internal management reports, monitoring key performance
indicators and driving the scaling and automation of financial
processes. We also provide decision support and conduct financial
reviews of a wide range of business issues from deal analysis to data
The role: Finance Director
The Director of Revenue Forecasting is responsible for the global
revenue planning and analysis functions at Google. Your deliverables
include accurate forecasting and reporting to support core business and
finance planning. You are also responsible for providing accurate
insight into the drivers of revenue to positively shape strategy and
operations. Our ideal candidate is someone who can directly engage with
and provide guidance to all levels of employees in a variety of
functions, such as Product, Sales and Engineering. Due to the
significance of this role, superior intellectual capabilities and
influencing skills and a lifetime record of outstanding achievement are
a must for this position.
* Partner with key executives, including our Chief Economist and our
heads of the Product, Sales, Engineering and Finance functions to
provide relevant forecasting data and its accurate interpretation,
which lead to appropriate product actions and produce revenue
* Understand sales drivers of revenue to determine accurate quotas
for the sales organization.
* Lead and mentor a team of analysts responsible for global revenue
planning, target setting and monitoring and related analysis.
* Directly engage with various functions across the company to
develop domain expertise regarding the drivers of our revenue,
relevant market trends and risks.
* Develop and manage quantitative forecasting systems to support
critical financial planning processes: sales targets, currency
hedging, tax planning, expense planning.
* Partner with your colleagues in the Finance organization to
establish best practices and consistent results in all revenue
planning and reporting applications.
* An advanced degree, such as a Ph.D. or masters in Statistics or
Mathematics or Economics is required.
* At least 5 years of relevant post graduate work experience is
required. Experience in a finance-related discipline is preferred.
* Strong cognitive ability combining analytical reasoning, business
comprehension, and technical product knowledge is critical for
* Specific expertise with quantitative revenue forecasting methods,
such as time series and regression analysis, is preferred.
* Familiarity with statistical or scientific software packages, such
as R/SPLUS, Mathematica and MATLAB is a plus.
* Experience managing, mentoring and inspiring quantitative and
business partnering teams in dynamic work environments is required.
* Must have prior experience successfully communicating with,
influencing and presenting to senior-level executives.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply directly at our jobs
website: www.google.com/jobs <http://www.google.com/jobs>.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Preston A. Crowell
[log in to unmask]
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.