VLE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

VLE Home

VLE  October 2009

VLE October 2009

The All New JISC Legal Website – www.jisclegal.ac.uk

John X Kelly <[log in to unmask]>

Virtual Learning Environments <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:00:08 +0000

Apologies for cross-posting

The All New JISC Legal Website – www.jisclegal.ac.uk

At JISC Legal we have upgraded our website and want to highlight some of the
changes and features which make accessing our guidance more straightforward,
helping you to avoid legal barriers to the development and use of ICT in
colleges and universities.

We have produced a short homemade video to point out some of the new
features which aim to make your life easier in getting quickly and
intuitively to the information you need.  Watch the short video on YouTube
at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFobiNAe7aM

One of the important changes is from static pages to dynamic content
generated from categorised items to create web pages which are specific to
‘Roles’, ‘Themes’ and ‘Legal Areas’. As well as practical, relevant text
guidance, you’ll also find a range of audio-visual resources.

For example

    * If you are a senior manager you are able to select content based on
the Role that is appropriate to you. For example, the IT Law for FE and HE
Senior Managers publication might serve as an introduction to relevant issues.

    * If you are looking for guidance on Web 2.0, you can choose that Theme
from the drop down menu. Useful resources might include the recent JISC
Legal webcast on Web 2.0 and the Law for e-Tutors

    * If you want information on a current JISC Legal project, such as Open
Education Resources, then this content is collected and displayed.

At our end, editing is fast and flexible, meaning we can produce and update
material more easily. Categorising content allows better targeting of our
materials, and flags up opportunities for reuse of valuable guidance.

For the user the content which is relevant to them is now on hand just by
choosing their role or them they are interested in. For those needing a
quick, relevant guide to an area of law, categorisation by Legal Area
remains part of the site.
Already a User?

If you have already discovered the new JISC Legal website then please do
take this opportunity to pass the news on to a colleague that may benefit
from our content.

Perhaps you can publicise this email within your institution or include the
contents in a newsletter or blog that circulates within your college. You
will find an A4 colour poster for printing (as a pdf) available at -
http://www.jisclegal.ac.uk/Portals/12/Documents/PDFs/NewJISCLegalWebsitePoster.pdf.

Legal and compliance issues have an effect on many areas within institutions
and JISC Legal has guidance and support information designed to ensure that
they do not become barriers to the effective use of ICT.
Feedback

JISC Legal has a dedicated Feedback web page where you can contribute your
thoughts on how we can best help you with compliance and legal issues. This
can be found here – www.jisclegal.ac.uk/feedback.

The All New JISC Legal Website – www.jisclegal.ac.uk

(Watch the short video on YouTube here -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFobiNAe7aM)