Help for NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Archives

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Archives

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Home

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING  October 2009

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING October 2009

Fwd: The MAXXI Foundation in Rome presents 'Exhibiting Architecture | The 21st Century Museum'

Beryl Graham <[log in to unmask]>

Beryl Graham <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:11:15 +0000

Dear List

An interesting event, and quick trail that the November Theme of the
Month will be "Art, Science, and Methods" and includes special guests
from Institute for the Converging Arts and Sciences at University of
Greenwich event "When Art met the Web-Sciences"
<http://www.gre.ac.uk/pr/articles/latest/a1742-sketching-the-future>,
and the Super Human Symposium and Curatorial Masterclass organised by
ANAT in Melbourne <http://www.superhuman.org.au/>.

Yours,

Beryl

Begin forwarded message:

> [...]
> Marie-Ange Brayer (FRAC, Orléans), Fulvio Irace (Politecnico di
> Milano), Dietmar M. Steiner (Architektur Zentrum, Wien)
> Respondents: Christophe Pourtois (CIVA, Bruxelles); Piero Ostilio
> Rossi (Università La Sapienza, Roma)
> -6:30 pm: Lecture by Gianfranco Dioguardi (Politecnico di Bari)
>
> Tuesday 10th November, 2009
>
> session II: Museums in display
>
> - 9:30 am: Introduction Pippo Ciorra
> Keynote speakers: Jean-Louis Cohen (New York University); Giuliana
> Bruno (Harvard University); Franco Purini (Università La Sapienza,
> Roma)
>
> session III: Architecture exhibitions: curators, managers and designers
>
> - 3:00 pm: Round table
> Chair: Mirko Zardini (CCA, Montréal); Coordinator: Maristella Casciato
> Speakers: Aaron Betsky (Cincinnati Art Museum), Stefano Boeri
> ('Abitare', Milano), Beatriz Colomina (Princeton University), Sarah
> Ichioka (The Architecture Foundation, London), Anna Mattirolo (MAXXI
> arte, Roma), Anna Tonicello (ICAM), Mark Wigley (Columbia University,
> New York)
> Respondents: Manuel Blanco (Politecnico di Madrid); Francesco Garofalo
> (Facoltà di architettura, Pescara); Mario Lupano (IUAV, Venezia)
> -6:30 pm: Lecture by Diller Scofidio+Renfro (New York)
>

> Free entrance subject to seat availability.
>
> From November 7th on www.maxxi.beniculturali.it a link to the MAXXI tv
> channel will be activated. Curated by Ultrafragola Channels TV, media
> partner of the event, it will be updated daily with referencies,
> interviews and news about the international conference.
>
> The symposium is part of 'MAXXI SEES THE LIGHT' a programme that will
> accompany the final rush towards the Grand Opening of the National
> Museum of 21st Century Art, in the spring of 2010. During the week
> from 9 to 15 November Rome will thus be the international capital of
> architecture. Other events and initiatives under 'MAXXI SEES THE
> LIGHT' will be held on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 November, with an
> Exclusive Preview of MAXXI's Grand Opening, and from 10:00 a.m. to
> 1:00 p.m. the public will have a chance to visit the spaces created by
> Zaha Hadid. Booking is mandatory, starting from 1 November 2009.
> Guided tours in the Museum are organized by MAXXI educational service:
> [log in to unmask] (Thursday 12 November: preview for
> journalists and Zaha Hadid's press conference).
>
> For further information: www.maxxi.beniculturali.it
>
> Exhibiting Architecture press office
> International press:
> Alessandra Santerini, +39 335 6853767, [log in to unmask]
> Chiara Costa, +39 331 7001172, [log in to unmask]
>
> Italian press:
> Maria Cristiana Costanzo, +39 333 2683341, [log in to unmask]
> Paolo Le Grazie, +39 3462372137, [log in to unmask]
>
> MAXXI press office
> Beatrice Fabbretti, +39 335 6419189, [log in to unmask]
>
> Musica per Roma press office
>
> HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN ANNOUNCEMENT with e-artnow

Beryl Graham, Professor of New Media Art
Faculty of Arts, Design, and Media, University of Sunderland
Ashburne House, Ryhope Road
Sunderland
SR2 7EE
Tel: +44 191 515 2896    Fax: +44 191 515 2132
Email: [log in to unmask]

CRUMB web resource for new media art curators
http://www.crumbweb.org