Fwd: Curating conference, Plymouth

Beryl Graham <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:33:17 +0100

Dear List,

Apologies for cross posting, but an interesting conference relevant to
time, and must win the prize for the best title ...

Begin forwarded message:

> [...]

> this illustrated volume. An interview by Hans Ulrich Obrist with
> Abramovi? outlines the challenges and goals of her new project.
>
> The Pigs of Today are the Hams of Tomorrow is funded and
> partnered by Arts Council England, Plymouth City Council,
> University of Plymouth, Henry Moore Foundation, Anti-Bodies,
> FRAME, Manchester International Festival, Arnolfini, Urban
> Splash and Prestel. Anti-Bodies is coordinated by Relational
> with support from Arts Council England and has been granted the
> Inspire mark as part of the Cultural Olympiad. The Live Art
> Laboratory Symposium has been developed with Lee Miller and
> Roberta Mock, Faculty of Arts, University of Plymouth.
>
> Bookings: contact the Box Office at Plymouth Arts Centre, phone:
> 01752 206 114. Advance booking essential.
>
> Press enquiries: contact Hannah Prothero, Marketing &
> Communications Manager, Plymouth Arts Centre, phone: 01752
> 276990, email: [log in to unmask]
>

> Image: Eva and Franco Mattes
>
> aka 0100101110101101.ORG
>
> Reenactment of Marina Abramovi?
>
> and Ulay's Imponderabilia,
>
> Synthetic Performance in Second Life,
>
> 2007, courtesy Postmasters Gallery, New York
>

> Image: Marina Abramovi?, photo: Reto Guntli
>

> "When you come to an age
>
> you have to unconditionally
>
> help the younger generation
>
> of artists? this tradition
>
> is completely gone, there is
>
> no oral traditions like in the
>
> old days and this tradition is
>
> very important for revival."
>
> Marina Abramovi?
>
> Plymouth Arts Centre
>
> 38 Looe Street
>
> Plymouth PL4 0EB
>
> 01752 206114
>
> www.plymouthartscentre.org [http://www.plymouthac.org.uk/]
>
> Schedule of events
>
> Press launch Weds 20 January
>
> Opening performances and speeches Thurs 21 January, 6.30pm
>
> Performances and Live Laboratory Symposium Fri 22 January 8am -
> 9pm
>
> Screening of Marina Abramovic Seven Easy Pieces Fri 22 January
> 9pm
>
> Performances and Live Laboratory Symposium Sat 23 January 8am -
> 10pm
>
> Performances and Live Laboratory Symposium Sun 24 January 8am -
> 7pm
>
> Closing Party Sun 24 January 8pm   Access
>
> Level access to The Slaughterhouse, Royal William Yard with
> performances on ground floor level. Access to Plymouth Arts
> Centre is by a number of steps to the reception. The building
> and facilities are spread over three floors accessible only by
> stairs and a number of split levels. We are in the process of
> moving to new premises to overcome these access issues and
> apologies for the inconvenience that the constraints of our
> building cause. Please call in advance of a visit for access
> advice.
>
> unsubscribe [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
>
> This email was sent to [log in to unmask] You can instantly

Beryl Graham, Professor of New Media Art
Faculty of Arts, Design, and Media, University of Sunderland
Ashburne House, Ryhope Road
Sunderland
SR2 7EE
Tel: +44 191 515 2896    Fax: +44 191 515 2132
Email: [log in to unmask]

CRUMB web resource for new media art curators
http://www.crumbweb.org