BRITARCH October 2009

Re: another museum faces the chop

"Steve@DDL" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:35:09 +0100

Ah, am with you now Gary, thanks for that.

Totally agree with you.

I still think that even this needs a 180 degree change in priorities in
education and how society is presented to youngesters form the earliest
age..

My wife is Nursery Teacher and believe me some of the ethics (or lack of)
that are being drummed into our kids is nothing short of scarey.

This early start follows through and will shape the kids as they grow...
this includes the subjects that are taught at school and the emphasis and
importance (again, or lack) that are assigned to them... there is no depth
to education now... no importance given to the society that they belong to
or its history or heritage its all very superficial.

Unfortunately it has to be said that Britain lacks the pride in its
acheivements and its history, is this due to the fact that there is a
tendency to not want to offend new comers to our country, do we/they mistake
National pride with discrimination... the distinct lack of pride exhibited
these days must surely have a knock on effect when it comes to promoting our
heritage.

Sorry if this post offends some, but sometimes unpopular thoughts have to be
expressed even if they are eventually proved right or wrong.

Steve

Steve