VLE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

VLE Home

VLE  September 2009

VLE September 2009

Re: Innovative ways of online assessing

Martine Fryer <[log in to unmask]>

Virtual Learning Environments <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:13:50 +0100

Hi Emma et al

Thank you for your reply. It will be interesting to see how Google docs
can be used for collaborative work.

With regard to e-portfolios, we are going to have a look at Mahara
(http://mahara.org/)
as it can be linked with Moodle. It may be useful for a personal
development plan and the developers are looking at ways of making it
portable so that students can take it with them. I did have a brief look
at Pebblepad via the CPD so that is another option - although I did not
find it very intuitive, but perhaps I need to spend a bit more time on
it.

Martine

Martine Fryer
Senior Lecturer
Teaching and Learning Mentor for e-learning
South Downs College
Ext 278