Help for DC-SOCIAL-TAGGING Archives

DC-SOCIAL-TAGGING Archives

DC-SOCIAL-TAGGING@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DC-SOCIAL-TAGGING Home

DC-SOCIAL-TAGGING  September 2009

DC-SOCIAL-TAGGING September 2009

REMINDER: Records and Information Management in Transition, ISKO UK event - London, 16 Sep 2009

Bob Bater <[log in to unmask]>

DCMI Social Tagging Community <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 6 Sep 2009 23:36:04 +0200

         ***Apologies for cross-posting***

You are cordially invited to the next ISKO UK afternoon event:

RECORDS AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT IN TRANSITION

16 September 2009 14.00-18.00; registration starts 13.30

VENUE: University College London, Cruciform Building

FEE: 20.00 (ISKO members and students FREE)
A sponsor at the event, Facet Publishing will give a special 20% discount on
its
publications to all participants, and the chance to win a book!

Good governance, accountability, transparency, freedom of information: noble
aims for our society but achieving them  depends on keeping and being able
find records of our dealings. Are we up to it? Do we have systems and
software
clever enough and robust enough to cope with today's massive tide of data?
Do we
need to move our own habits and practices up a gear?

To address these questions and the practical reality of today's challenges
we
have a team of speakers, battle-hardened from long experience as consultants
and/or practitioners.

To see the full programme and to book your place go to the event's website
at
http://www.iskouk.org/rm_sep2009.htm

This ISKO UK Seminar is organized in cooperation with the UCL
Department for Information Studies.

We look forward to seeing you on 16 September!

Bob Bater
Vice Chair, ISKO UK

Email: [log in to unmask]
twitter: http://twitter.com/ISKOUK