Re: Upgrade Me

pmgb <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:31:12 +0100

these programmes are interesting, although to my mind prone to the
exageration and oversimplification that TV always does. The tone of
Electric Dreams (part1) was as if these people were living in a cave. It
is perhaps instructive that the 1970s can be presented as somehow as
remote as another prog on air at present, which in a similar fashion
shows life in the 17th century. Yet when you think about it this
programme is "set" the year after apollo 11 landed on the moon. Is life
really that different today, or do we always tend to see things down the
wrong end of a telescope?