Help for ALLSTAT Archives

ALLSTAT Archives

allstat@jiscmail.ac.uk

ALLSTAT Home

ALLSTAT  August 2009

ALLSTAT August 2009

NatCen Learning - sharing our experience

Kandy Woodfield <[log in to unmask]>

Kandy Woodfield <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:26:02 +0100

**** Apologies for cross-posting ****

Please reply to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

NatCen Learning - sharing our experience

NatCen Learning provides research training and events giving you practical insight and enhanced skills for conducting or managing your own research.   We're part of the National Centre for Social Research, Britain's premier social research institute for 40 years - all our events are run by practising researchers and social research experts who aim to share their years of experience with you. Our events benefit from the unique ability of our training teams to draw on their own extensive experience of applied policy research in the 'real world' and to share that experience with delegates facing similar challenges. We offer flexible training and learning events focusing on interactive knowledge exchange drawing on real world research examples.

We have limited places left on the following courses for autumn 2009 - follow the links for more information.  We offer discounts to students, academics and those working in the third sector.
                                                                                           Length         Cost              Location             Dates
Introduction to FrameWork software<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning/nl_cis_intro_to_framework.htm>                       250             Edinburgh            20th November
Moderating Focus Groups<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning/nl_cis_conducting_focus_groups.htm>                                             650             London                 9th - 10th September
Questionnaire design<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning/nl_cis_quest_design.htm>                                                     550             Edinburgh             7th - 8th October
Basic statistical analysis for social research<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning/nl_cis_basic_stats_analysis_for_research.htm>                650             London                 22nd - 23rd October
Communicating research <http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning/nl_cis_comm_res_to_policy_&_practice.htm>                                              280             Edinburgh            28th October
Formulating policy recommendations<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning/nl_cis_formulating_policy_rec.htm>                        280             Edinburgh            29th October
Moderating Focus Groups<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning/nl_cis_conducting_focus_groups.htm>                                             650             London                 4th - 5th November
Regression analysis for social research<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning/nl_cis_regression_analysis_for_research.htm>                       650             London                 4th - 5th November
Introduction to self completion surveys<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning/nl_cis_self_completion.htm>                    350             London                 18th November
Research with children & young people<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning/nl_cis_conducting_research_children_young.htm>                    650             London                 25th - 26th November
Conducting qualitative interviews with vulnerable populations<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning/nl_cis_conducting_qual_ints_vulnerable_populations.htm>
                                                                                           650             London                 2nd - 3rd December
Sampling for surveys<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning/nl_cis_sampling_for_surveys.htm>                                                      350             London                 9th December
Reporting qualitative data<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning/nl_cis_reporting_qual_data.htm>                                            350             London                 10th December

For more details of our events visit our website: www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcenlearning>

You can call the NatCen Learning team on 020 7549 8577

Kandy Woodfield
Director - NatCen Learning
Sharing our experience

National Centre for Social Research
Registered office: 35 Northampton Square
London
EC1V 0AX

NatCen is the UK's largest independent social research organisation.
We design, carry out and analyse research studies in the field of social and public policy
www.natcen.ac.uk
Company limited by guarantee. Reg No: 4392418
A Charity registered in England and Wales (1091768) and in Scotland (SC038454)

Confidentiality: The information in this email and any attachments are confidential and may include some that is legally privileged. It must not be disclosed to or used by persons other than the intended recipient. If received in error, please notify us immediately and then delete this document.
Content: Any views or opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of NatCen. Please note that the content of this e-mail may be intercepted, monitored or recorded for compliance purposes. Sensitive personal data should not normally be transmitted by e-mail.
Copyright: Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments created by the NatCen belong to NatCen unless otherwise stated.
Care: NatCen shall not be liable to the recipient or any third party for any loss or damage howsoever arising from this e-mail and/or its content, including loss or damage caused by virus. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the opening or use of this message and any attachments shall not adversely affect systems or data.