Help for SCOT-ONLINE-LEARNING-RESEARCH Archives

SCOT-ONLINE-LEARNING-RESEARCH Archives

SCOT-ONLINE-LEARNING-RESEARCH Archives

SCOT-ONLINE-LEARNING-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

SCOT-ONLINE-LEARNING-RESEARCH Home

SCOT-ONLINE-LEARNING-RESEARCH Home

SCOT-ONLINE-LEARNING-RESEARCH  August 2009

SCOT-ONLINE-LEARNING-RESEARCH August 2009

Innovate Author Webcast Schedule

James Morrison <[log in to unmask]>

James Morrison <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:40:20 -0400

Innovate (www.innovateonline.info) is published bimonthly as a public
service by the Fischler School of Education and Human Services at Nova
Southeastern University and is sponsored, in part, by Microsoft.

In the past year we have explored a variety of ways to integrate Web
2.0 technologies in order to facilitate professional communication on
using information technology tools to enhance the educational process.
The most notable result of this effort has been Innovate-Ideagora, our
Ning social network, hosted by our partner, ULiveandLearn. In an
effort to simplify, we have merged our other major community-building
effort, Innovate-Live, with Innovate-Ideagora in order to create a
single site for Innovate author discussions, Ideagora interviews, and
reader engagement via social networking. This means that you can now
register for the August/September webcasts in Innovate-Ideagora at http://innovate-ideagora.ning.com/
  (middle column). If you cannot participate in these webcasts, they
will be available to you in the webcast section of each article and in
the author webcast archive section of Innovate-Ideagora.

In the list below, all times are Eastern (New York) time. You may use
the world clock athttp://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ to coordinate
with your time zone.

Schedule

August 24, 2009

11:00 A.M. Eastern Time
Student Perceptions of a Course Taught in Second Life
See http://tinyurl.com/lsnn2j
Author: Catheryn Cheal

3:00 P.M. Eastern Time
Preparing Graduate Students for Virtual World Simulations: Exploring
the Potential of an Emerging Technology
See http://tinyurl.com/koqvkw
Authors: Anne Hewitt, Susan Spencer, Danielle Mirliss, and Riad Twal

4:00 P.M. Eastern Time
Genome Island: A Virtual Science Environment in Second Life
See http://tinyurl.com/mwuuy6
Author: Mary Anne Clark

September 22, 2009

11:00AM Eastern Time
EagleRacing: Addressing Corporate Collaboration Challenges Through an
Online Simulation Game
See http://tinyurl.com/kl7swd
Authors: Albert A. Angehrn and Katrina Maxwell

Please forward this announcement to colleagues who are interested in
using IT tools to enhance their teaching.

Thanks!

Jim
----
James L. Morrison
Editor-in-Chief, Innovate
http://www.innovateonline.info
Professor Emeritus of Educational Leadership
UNC-Chapel Hill
http://horizon.unc.edu