Help for ECON-LETS Archives

ECON-LETS Archives

ECON-LETS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ECON-LETS Home

ECON-LETS  July 2009

ECON-LETS July 2009

latest developments/successes in LETS, time money and other alternative currencies

"North, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>

North, Peter

Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:26:29 +0100

Dear all

 I am just completing the manuscript for my forthcoming book 'Local Money'

http://greenbooks.co.uk/store/transition-guide-money-p-320.html

Here you might be able to help me - the publsihers want lots of quotes in it from current LETS, Time Bank and other local currency network  members and organisers about what they think the best things about their currencies are, how they've benefitted.

They want to know about future plans.

I'd like to be able to show how vibrant the local currency schemes out there are, and especially feature short examples of case studies of local currencies engaging with climate chanage and peak oil.  Are you involved with tansition towns at all?

So little vignettes/quotes/case study paragraphs would be really helpful.

Would you be able to write me or supply me with a quote or tell me a little more about your plans, so i can include it in the book?  if we use it, of course you will be credited.

if you want a chat about this, give me a call on 0151 222 0076

Hope to hear soon.

Peter North
Department of Geography
University of Liverpool