Access to Payslips

Denise Hatton <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Jul 2009 07:38:06 +0100

I am coming under great pressure from our Personnel Team to allow them
access to the payslip history in the integrated system we both use, this is
primarily being requested because they say under the requirments of the
Immigration Audits that are kicking off, they need to show payslips to external
auditors.

My concerns are that

They will try to answer pay enquiries - therefore leave the Uni. vulnerable to
cases of Estoppel

Have access to sensitive data such as Court Orders, which may leave us in
breach of data protection.

Use the data to make decisions that they do not have a full understanding of.

Has anyone else come under the same pressure, if so, what arguments for and
against this lead to the ultimate decison made.

Denise Hatton
Payroll Manager
University of the Arts London