ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Monospaced Font

ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC Home

ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC  July 2009

ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC July 2009

FYI--Stone Circle In East Anglia?!?

kaligrafr <[log in to unmask]>

Society for The Academic Study of Magic <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:05:45 -0700

Aloha,

I probably would have let this report of a possible stone circle
in East Anglia slip by as one more kinda interesting and suggestive
archaeological finds. A well known bunch of sarsen stones in/around
a village church are suggested to once have formed a circle.

Except that the argument for such a circle involves dowsing as
well as lots of study and skillful inferences by the proponent.
(I'm not myself any sort of dowser, but I learned to design, build, and--
practically--walk labyrinths from a dowser who always incorporated
Earthy energies into his labyrinths.)

The link may not be reliable. The report appears in the Evening Star,
a daily British news resource. Home page at:

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveningstar/default/

<<Stone circle in East Anglian village?>>

LAURENCE CAWLEY Last updated: 6/12/2009 10:33:00 AM

<<But Paul Daw, a surveyor who has visited more than 300 of the 400 or
so stone circles, timber circles and henge sites in England, believes he
might have found the original location of a stone circle in the
churchyard using the ancient technique of dowsing.>>

Link all on one line:

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveningstar/news/story.aspx?brand=ESTOnline&category=News&tBrand=ESTOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=IPED12%20Jun%202009%2000%3A03%3A40%3A697

Musing Dese, Dat, Dem & Dowse--Keys To Old Times! Rose,

Pitch