LIB-RFID-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Monospaced Font

LIB-RFID-UK Home

LIB-RFID-UK  June 2009

LIB-RFID-UK June 2009

FW: SURVEY OF RFID LIBRARY EQUIPMENT

Mick Fortune <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion List for RFID in Libraries <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:24:37 +0100

Talking to Brent and RBKC yesterday made me even more aware of the now
urgent need for libraries to begin thinking about their RFID strategy after
the publication of ISO 28560 later this year.

Paul Chartier and I sit on the BIC/CILIP RFID group and have been discussing
how best we can prepare the market for the arrival of ISO 28560-2. Part of
this process is taking inventory of existing installations. My previous
email was about the tags, this one is more about the equipment.

BIC sent the following email to members of the group earlier this week, but
we need to cast the net as widely as possible so I'm asking the list to help
out.

Please complete the survey if it is relevant to your operation or pass it on
to your RFID chums if not.

Thanks for your time

Mick

Mick Fortune
m. +44 (0)7786 625544         t.   +44 (0)1865 727411