MLA London are pleased to be able to offer the following course to museum, library and archive staff and volunteers throughout the UK. This is the final call for bookings on this course.
Date: Friday 29th May 2009
Time: 0930 - 1630
Venue: MLA London, 4th Floor, 53-56 Great Sutton Street, London EC1V 0DG
Sector: All sectors
For all staff and volunteers wanting to learn the basic principles of copyright in relation to the museums, libraries, and archive sector.
This practical one day training course provides an introduction to copyright and its importance within the context of caring for collections. Participants will be introduced to the tools they need to manage copyright as part of their daily work in museums, libraries, archives, and other cultural heritage organisations. The day will also examine in detail how rights can be cleared, the role of copyright audits, tips for tracing rights holders, due diligence, and the management and protection of rights within the context of digitisation and publishing projects.
By the end of the course participants will have:
· Encountered key copyright issues of relevance to the sector
· Discussed crucial changes to copyright legislation
* Considered the importance of good copyright practice
* Carried out a copyright audit
* Understood the legal requirements of copyright and the use of documentation to achieve them
* Understood the procedures for achieving best copyright practice and embedding it within their work
* Discussed how risks can be managed
* Discussed their own requirements and concerns with the trainer
* Shared experiences with other participants
* Considered further resources
Registration: 09:30 - 10:00
Course: 10:00 - 16:00
Trainer: Naomi Korn
Maximum number: 20
Cost: Free (Renaissance London funded) places*. Full cost £100 (+VAT) per delegate; includes all course papers, refreshments, and lunch
*Places are limited, please enquire about availability on the details below.
Quotes from previous delegates:
"Given me a lot of information and ideas on how to put this into practice"
"A horribly complicated subject made clear"
To book on any of these courses please download a booking from our website, or by clicking here <http://www.mlalondon.org.uk/uploads/documents/0910_MLAL_BOOKING_FORM.doc> . To find out availability please call Sarah Murray on 020 7549 1712, or email [log in to unmask]
Please return all completed booking forms [log in to unmask], or fax to 020 7490 5225, or post to Bookings, MLA London, 4th Floor, 53-56 Great Sutton Street, London EC1V 0DG.