Help for LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-LINK Home

LIS-LINK  May 2009

LIS-LINK May 2009

YU Info Skills Workshop, Bradford, 12th June

GL Hudson <[log in to unmask]>

GL Hudson <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 26 May 2009 17:44:45 +0100

We still have a small number of places on this workshop which we are now
able to offer outside the region.  If you would like to attend please e-mail
your booking by mid-day on Friday 5th June.

Grace Hudson
Grace Hudson
Deputy University Librarian (Academic Services)
Learner Support Services, University of Bradford, Bradford BD7 1DP Tel.
+44(0)1274 233402 E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Engaging our Digital Natives: Technologies to Inspire Information Literacy
Teaching

YU Information Skills Group invites you to a training event aimed at anyone
interested in how technology might be applied effectively to information
literacy in order to engage our students. The event will showcase examples
of good practice from the region.
This one-day workshop will be held at:
The Learn Higher Room, J.B. Priestley Library, University of Bradford.

Friday 12th June 2009 10am-4pm

Fee: 35
Lunch and refreshments provided

In the first instance, this event is only open to staff from Yorkshire
Universities and there are 2 guaranteed places per institution.  We will
also guarantee 2 places for members of the RSC FE group.

Reserve names may be sent and will be kept on a waiting list.

After 22nd May, if places are still available, this workshop will be offered
outside the Yorkshire Universities Information Skills Group membership.

Numbers are limited to 30. To book your place, please contact Grace Hudson
([log in to unmask]) with the following details:

Your name:

Institution name:

Postal address:

Email address:

Additional requirements, e.g. diet/access:

Address of person to invoice if different from above:

Order number (if applicable):

Cancellation policy: cancellations less than one week before the event will
be charged for, but an alternative may be sent.
Engaging our Digital Natives: Technologies to Inspire Information Literacy
Teaching
Yorkshire Universities Information Skills Group Workshop
Learn Higher Room 01.58, JB Priestley Library, University of Bradford,
Friday 12th June 2009
Programme
10:00		Registration and coffee

10:15		Welcome and introduction

10:20	Using technology to be more inclusive and effective  Dr Simon Ball,
JISC TechDis Service

11:15		Coffee

11:35	Title to be confirmed - Dave Pattern, University of Huddersfield

12:15		Group discussion

12:45		Lunch

1:35	Putting it into practice: Showcase of working examples from the
region

	First round  chose two out of three from:

				Tutorials using Captivate, Articulate and
Informs  Alison Robson, Susan Smith and Jennifer Wilson, Leeds Metropolitan
University

				QR codes and mobiles  Andrew Walsh,
University of Huddersfield

				Web-based information skills tutorials,
screencasts, Flash tutorials, and blogs  Jenny Pacheco and Vic Grant,
University of Sheffield

				Second round  choose two out of three from:

				Integrating interactive workbooks into
BlackBoard using Wimba Create (Course Genie); Elluminate classrooms  Diane
Kearns, Maureen Readle and Donna Irving, University of Bradford

				QR codes and mobiles  Andrew Walsh,
University of Huddersfield

				Interactive tutorials: bite-sized chunks for
new students, and engaging undergraduates and researchers with Articulate
Engage  Helen Howard and Michelle Schneider, University of Leeds

3:05		Group discussion

3:30		Refreshments and plenary

4:00		Close