FSL  May 2009

FSL May 2009

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: choice of registration and MNI template

Siew-Min Gan <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 20 May 2009 08:19:17 +1000

text/plain

>HI Jesper, thanks. I missed your email previously.
 I'm trying to compare how the FA values of the white matter atlas rois in
my subjects native FA space compares with the FA values of the white
matter tracts/rois that are manually drawn on my subjects native FA
space.

With the 4th question, I'm starting to doubt if I can use the MNI template
for my purpose, and would like to ask some advice here.The white matter
rois are drawn on an average DTI map of  81 people registered to the MNI
template, and I now want to register these rois to my native subjects FA
space.  Can I actually use the MNI152 brain for my purpose above even
though the rois are not drawn from an average map of these 152 participant
but from an average map of a seperate 81 participants whose brains are
registered to the MNI 152 brain template? Would it still be valid?

 Or is it more accurate to use the ICBM-DTI 81 DWI/FA template to perform
the normalisation of my subjects DWI/FA to get the inverse transformation
matrix to back transform the rois? The DWI or FAcontrast may not be as
good as T1 and MNI but the template is the original template that the
white matter rois are drawn from. Which way would sound more right?

Thanks

Siewmin

 Dear Siewmin,