Help for COMMUNITYPSYCHUK Archives

COMMUNITYPSYCHUK Archives

COMMUNITYPSYCHUK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

COMMUNITYPSYCHUK Home

COMMUNITYPSYCHUK  May 2009

COMMUNITYPSYCHUK May 2009

Re: anti-psychology/counselling/psychotherapy: a personal perspective

Penny Priest <[log in to unmask]>

The UK Community Psychology Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 13 May 2009 09:14:50 +0100

Hi there
I can't, and don't need to, speak for Craig - he can obviously do that
very well for himself. I'm not sure if Craig still does any teaching for
clinical psychology trainees, but having been on the receiving end of his
teaching, along with Suzanne, we would both be very aware that Craig spent
most of his career opening up critical dialogues within and outside of the
profession of clinical psychology. He continues to do this in his
contributions to this list, although obviously sometimes people get
irritated by the way he does this, which I sensed in Suzanne's response.
Anyway, regardless of all of this, I'm grateful to Suzanne for sending the
link as I hadn't seen it before either. However, I personally didn't find
it that compelling. I thought it was quite contradictory. But maybe it
would therefore be useful for teaching, who knows?
Penny