Help for ARCHIVING2012 Archives

ARCHIVING2012 Archives

ARCHIVING2012@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ARCHIVING2012 Home

ARCHIVING2012  May 2009

ARCHIVING2012 May 2009

DigitalPreservationEurope (DPE): You Tube Preservation Animations Released

Emily Witham <[log in to unmask]>

Emily Witham <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 5 May 2009 16:49:25 +0100

**Apologies for Cross Posting**

DigitalPreservationEurope (DPE) are committed to making digital preservation
materials available to the widest possible audience and to breaking down
barriers to access. The release of a new series of short animations
introducing and explaining digital preservation problems and solutions for
the general public marks an important step reaching this goal.

We are delighted to announce that the first animation is now ready for
viewing at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbBa6Oam7-w

We believe these cartoons encapsulate complex digital preservation issues
and problems and explain them in a funny and easy to follow plot. Please fee
free to make use of these animations as part of your own work to raise
awareness and understanding about digital preservation.

Future animations will be released on our You Tube Channel at
http://www.youtube.com/user/wepreserve

To learn more about DPE or to access our suite of preservation resources and
tools, please go to http://www.digitalpreservationeurope.org