Help for DC-SCIENCE Archives

DC-SCIENCE Archives

DC-SCIENCE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DC-SCIENCE Home

DC-SCIENCE  April 2009

DC-SCIENCE April 2009

wiki installed for the DCMI Science and Metadata Community!

Jane Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>

DCMI Science and Metadata Community <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 31 Mar 2009 23:40:38 -0400

TEXT/PLAIN

Greeting everyone,

the following news item was published on the DCMI Science and Metadata
Community website earlier today:

<news item begin>

DCMI Science and Metada Community Wiki installed

2009-03-31, The DCMI Science and Metadata Community has installed a wiki
at http://purl.org/dc/science. The wiki is open to all community members,
and will develop collaboratively. To access and contribute to the wiki,
please select "create account" in the upper-right-hand corner. Community
members may want to list their name under people. All pages are open,
except the publications page; please send items to list on the
publications page to "scarrier at email dot unc dot edu".

<end of news item>

we look forward to developing this wiki collaboratively.

please let Sarah, Stu or me know concerns or issues, and please feel free
to jump in and add content, links, etc..

we are going to see how it all goes for a while, as an open venture.

the only page that's private is the publications page, so send citations
to Sarah (address above), and we'll add them.

thanks everyone.

best wishes, jane

Jane Greenberg, Francis Carroll McColl Term Professor,
and Director of the Metadata Research Center <MRC>
School of Information and Library Science
CB #3360, 205 Manning Hall
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599-3360

Email:        [log in to unmask]
Tel.:         919-962-8066; fax.: 919-962-8071
Web:          http://ils.unc.edu/~janeg
<MRC>:        http://ils.unc.edu/mrc