Re: Locked diaries

Shawcross Kath <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 6 Apr 2009 12:54:15 +0100

this is one of those instances where the drawer full of keys which you threw out a while back would have come in handy. I applaud you in getting a lock open with a paper clip - have you got any other such diaries/volumes whose keys might work??

good luck!

Kath

Ms Kathleen Shawcross
Borough Archivist & Local Studies Manager
London Borough of Sutton, Central Library, St Nicholas Way, SUTTON, Surrey SM1 1EA

Tel: +44 (020 8770 4745), FAX: (020 8770 4777)
web site: www.sutton.gov.uk

Local Studies Centre Opening Hours
Tue, Wed & Fri 10-6pm
Thur 10-8pm
Sat 9-5pm; Sun 2-5pm
Closed Mondays

Printing this email? Please think environmentally and only print when essential!

-----Original Message-----
From: Archivists, conservators and records managers.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Ruth MacLeod
Sent: 06 April 2009 12:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Locked diaries

I've recently come across a collection of diaries, and would quite like to get them catalogued.  Sadly, the writer was a security-conscious type - they're locked and we don't have the key...

I can't quite believe I'm asking this, but is anyone prepared to admit that they know how to pick a lock?!  Surely somewhere on the list is someone with a sufficiently criminal mind?  (I've tried with a paper clip, which has opened one of them)

All suggestions gratefully received!  (Post them to the list, we all want to know really)

Cheers,

Ruth

This email and the information it contains are confidential and intended solely for the exclusive use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, this email should not be copied, forwarded, or printed for any purpose, or the contents disclosed to any other person. If you have received this email in error, please notify the London Borough of Sutton immediately on +44(020) 8770 5000 or email [log in to unmask] and then delete the email.

Although the London Borough of Sutton operates anti-virus programmes, it does not accept any responsibility for any damage whatsoever that
is caused by viruses being passed.

This message has been scanned for malware.