Alan Laurie at Kirklees has asked me to circulate this free online training
resource. I've taken a look and it looks very useful, particularly if you have
little prior knowledge of alcohol and drugs. Please feel free to circulate it to
All the best
Access to basic alcohol and drug awareness training courses can often be
difficult due to work demands and restrictive budgets.
Those coming into contact with drug users should be able to identify and
respond appropriately to the individuals needs.
Kirklees offers a free drugs awareness e-learning programme which is
accessible to anyone irrespective of where they reside or work and is
suitable whether you are a parent, carer, employer, employee, friend or
somebody who is worried about anyone who is or may be using drugs (legal
and illegal substances).
This e-learning programme provides an ideal starting point for anyone
wanting to gain a basic understanding and general awareness of legal and
illegal drugs (including alcohol), issues relating to young people and
adults, safer injecting, assessment and care planning, reducing drug
related deaths, motivational interviewing, recognition of signs and
symptoms, agencies who can help and how you as an individual can provide
support either as a professional or in the home environment.
• Easy to follow and interactive drugs and alcohol awareness training
• Ability to work at your own pace at times which suit you best
• Content can be covered in bite size pieces
• Supports prior learning before attending a course
• Test your knowledge
• Provides evidence of your knowledge and understanding
• Evidences continuous personal development
• Printable certificate of completion
To register and use please visit www.drugtraining4free.co.uk.