Help for LIS-E-RESOURCES Archives

LIS-E-RESOURCES Archives

LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  April 2009

LIS-E-RESOURCES April 2009

CILIP2.0 - Open Session on CILIP's use of Web 2.0 - 29 April, Ridgmount Street, London

Caroline Moss-Gibbons <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by the UK Serials Group <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:31:20 +0100

Dear All,

Apologies for cross-posting:

http://tinyurl.com/cyko22

Join in the CILIP Council Open Session on Web 2.0 at Ridgmount Street
on the 29th April from 2:30pm-4:30pm.

The Trustees have invited Phil Bradley and Brian Kelly, both well-
known 'gurus' on the subject,  to kick off the open session with
presentations about what has worked elsewhere, and the types of things
CILIP could try out.

Then the Trustees will open up the discussion to the room, and
everyone there can join in.

The aim is to generate some really good ideas about how the Council
could be using Web 2.0 to engage better with the LIS community and the
individuals in it - both members and non-members.

Those ideas will feed into the CILIP Communications Framework which
the Council are developing at the moment - due to be published in the
summer.

We want as many people as possible to participate in this session, and
afterwards, so do feel free to twitter or blog for the benefit of
those who can't be there in person.  Trustees and the speakers will be
twittering too.

We will be setting up an open CILIP Communities forum for the event,
to post to; and you can follow the live tweets on twitter.  The hash
tag we'll be using is #CILIP2.0

We want to continue the conversation afterwards too, and keep CILIP
engagement with the LIS Community as a 'live' issue.

So come along and join in, either in person or online.  Numbers in the
room are limited though.

More news about the event will be posted on the 'Council Matters'
blog, and on the Open Session 'advert' on the CILIP website.

More soon!

Caroline Moss-Gibbons, Leader - CILIP Council

Caroline Moss-Gibbons
Leader - CILIP Council

Tel:  +44 (0)7788 590913
Email:  [log in to unmask]