The 9th international conference on Artificial Evolution (EA'09)
Conference: 26th to 28th October 2009
Submission: 24th April 2009
** Sorry for multiple reception **
The 9th international conference on Artificial Evolution (EA'09) will
take place from October 26th to 28th 2009 in Strasbourg (East of
France), which will give attendees a great opportunity to discover the
Alsace region, its gastronomy and renowned wines over three days.
As usual, the conference tries to maximize many objectives, namely:
* Quality, with a usual acceptance rate under 50% and the best papers
(12 pages, LNCS format) published in Springer's LNCS series (cf.
previous editions of EA conferences published in LNCS 1363, 1829, 2310,
2936, 3871, 4926).
* Comfort, with a unique single session formula of 30mn presentations,
which guarantees a large audience to all accepted papers,
* Interest, with (beyond the presented papers) a great invited speaker:
Prof Darrell Whitley.
* Friendly atmosphere, with included lunches, coffee breaks, social
event and banquet,
* Best value for money, with minimal conference fees (EA'07 fees were
EUR 180 for students, EUR 220 for academics, EUR 350 for non academics)
and a novelty for EA'09: reduced fees for reviewers, who, thanks to
their hard work, greatly contribute to the quality of the conference.
** Topics of Interest**
Authors are invited to present original work relevant to artificial
evolution, including but not limited to:
* Evolutionary Computation, Co-evolution, Memetic algorithms,
Multi-Objective Optimization, Constraint Handling, Dynamic Optimization,
* Artificial Life, Population Dynamics,
* Theory, algorithmics and modelling, implementations,
* Application of evolutionary paradigms to real or virtual world
domains, including but not limited to engineering, design, biosciences,
robotics and games,
* Other biologically-inspired paradigms such as, for instance, swarms,
artificial ants, artificial immune systems,
* Machine Learning and hybridization with other soft computing techniques.
** Important Dates **
* Conference: 26th to 28th October 2009
* Submission: 24th April 2009
* Notification: 20th June 2009
** Submission Guidelines **
The paper page limit is 12 pages in LNCS format. Authors should submit
an electronic version of papers.
Dr Laetitia Jourdan
Parc scientifique de la Haute-Borne
Bâtiment A, Park Plaza - Bureau 208
40, Avenue Halley
59650 Villeneuve d’Ascq Cedex
Mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: +33 (0)3 59 57 78 81
Fax: +33 (0)3 59 57 78 50