FORCED-MIGRATION Archives

FORCED-MIGRATION@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

FORCED-MIGRATION Home

FORCED-MIGRATION  March 2009

FORCED-MIGRATION March 2009

New member introduction

Forced Migration List <[log in to unmask]>

Forced Migration List <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 5 Mar 2009 07:56:45 +0000

Dear all,

My name's Marie Martin, and I'm happy to join the mailing list of
Forced Migration.

I am an MA student, nearly graduated in Migration Studies at the
University of Sussex.
I got my first MA degree in France, in International Cooperation and
Development, and have worked for 5 months last year as an intern with
Caritas Migrants Centre in Beirut (Lebanon), which aims at promoting
and protecting the rights of migrants, refugees and AS in Lebanon.

My fields of interest is forced migration (any type of: trafficking,
refugee flows, asylum issues, even economic migrants who don't have
any other choice but to leave their place of origin, etc.) esp. its
legal, political and human rights aspects. I plan to go back to
Lebanon after my Master and work there for the coming years. I share a
particular interest in the Middle East and Euro-Mediterranean
migration issues.

I will be happy to take part to some of the discussions put forward
via this mailing list,

If I may, a group of students has created this year an association
called SAHT (Students Against Human Trafficking - you can find our
blog easily on the web) to raise awareness on trafficking issues on
campus. We will organise a day with workshops and seminars on 8 May
2009. We are working on it for the moment, but if one of you has a
particular interest and would like to contribute to the event and
present something (we can cover your travel costs), or if you simply
want to get in touch with us, you are more than welcome to do so.
Please email us then at [log in to unmask]

Many thanks in advance,
Marie M.

Marie Martin

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from
the Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by the Refugee
Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International Development,
University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the views of the
RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or re-post this
message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or extracts should
include attribution to the original sources.

RSS: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?RSS&L=forced-migration