Help for LIB-RFID-UK Archives

LIB-RFID-UK Archives

LIB-RFID-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIB-RFID-UK Home

LIB-RFID-UK  March 2009

LIB-RFID-UK March 2009

Re: Libraries with Hybrid RFID / barcode Setups

Richard Aird <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion List for RFID in Libraries <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:13:52 +0000

Hi Lynn,

I would suggest speaking to CILIPS / SLIC for advice, as there are a number of public library authorities in Scotland who are already going down this route.  I think (but may be wrong) that Dundee were the first, and were the lead partner in the national project.  I understand that there have been some issues regarding the smart card readers and interoperability with multiple systems.  Stirling are already using NEC readers alongside separate RFID-tagged stock & readers, and should also be able to offer an insight.

In West Dunbartonshire we use SirsiDynix Symphony LMS, and have agreed to pilot the NEC module when it is released later this year.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but there are definitely people out there here in Scotland who can help!

Regards,

Richard.

Richard Aird
Senior Officer ICT & Learning