Help for MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH Archives

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH Archives

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH Home

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH  February 2009

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH February 2009

Re: Thesis on Birthing Transition in Thailand

Penny Haora <[log in to unmask]>

A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health research." <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:45:25 +1100

Dear Bridget,

Thank you so much for your interest in my work - I found them encouraging words!
I'm sorry that I haven't replied to you earlier, I'm currently working on a short term assignment in Afghanistan for UNFPA.  We have been conducting field trips to the Provinces and villages, looking at how we can improve community (esp women's) health, access to primary (esp MCH/RH) preventative care (community-based through Mobile Health Units), as well as how to improve referral, improve competence of midwives etc

When I get back to Canberra and get some more work done on my PhD, I'll be sure to forward any publications to you.

thanks again,
Penny