LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  February 2009

LIS-E-RESOURCES February 2009

Re: News Release

"Bentley S." <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by the UK Serials Group <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:12:55 +0000

At Southampton we had access to over one hundred and eighty pharmaceutical, lifesciences and medicine titles as part of an STM Taylor & Francis deal, which have now been put into a separate JISC consortia Informacare deal instead for 2009.

Although we can now access the forty pharmaceutical titles that have moved to the new Atypon-hosted website, we have lost access for well over a week to all the rest that are still on InformaWorld, prompting a lot of complaints from puzzled users. I e-mailed the contact at Informa Healthcare a couple of days ago to follow this up, but haven't yet had a response, so have now just tried the InformaWorld Help desk. I am surprised that something wasn't put in place to prevent this loss of access.

Sonia Bentley

Electronic Resources
Periodicals Department
Hartley Library