Help for PRESIDENTS Archives

PRESIDENTS Archives

PRESIDENTS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

PRESIDENTS Home

PRESIDENTS  February 2009

PRESIDENTS February 2009

Student Representation on Academic Boards

Lina Mughal <[log in to unmask]>

Lina Mughal <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:03:08 +0000

Hi everyone,

Hope you're well at your Unions and having a enjoyable start to the
year. I'm wondering if you can help me out with a query regarding
student representation on university committees.

At Oxford Brookes we currently have 8 reps (President, VP Academic
Affairs and 6 students) sitting on Academic Board. The hint from the
Academic Registrar here is that the university will be looking to reduce
the amount of reps allowed.

Could you let me know what is the highest board students sit on at your
institution where they have voting rights. Further if you have an
equivalent of Academic Board what is the Student representation on it in
relation to the Committee overall?

Your help would really be appreciated,

Lina Mughal

--