Help for PHD-DESIGN Archives

PHD-DESIGN Archives

PHD-DESIGN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

PHD-DESIGN Home

PHD-DESIGN  February 2009

PHD-DESIGN February 2009

New Design Book from an NID Faculty on Saris of India

Prof M P Ranjan <[log in to unmask]>

Prof M P Ranjan <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:22:19 +0530

Dear friends

I have just posted a note on my blog about the soon to be launched new
book from an NID Faculty colleague,  "Indian Saris: Traditions -
Perspectives - Design" by Vijai Singh Katiyar. There will be a social
function and a panel discussion at London on 20th April 2009 for the
book launch by the publisher and the book can be pre-ordered from a
number of sources online as well. Do take a look at the links below
for details:
<http://design-for-india.blogspot.com/2009/02/indian-saris-woven-fabrics-of-fantasy.html>
<http://textiledesigninindia-indiansaris.blogspot.com/>

The Slumdog Millionare's sweep at the Oscar has brought a lot of
attention to India and perhaps Indian fashion and its traditional sari
too will have its place in the sun... our several million handloom
weavers and their children would just love that.

With warm regards

M P Ranjan
from my office at NID
26 February 2009 at 8.15 pm IST

Prof M P Ranjan
Faculty of Design
Head, Centre for Bamboo Initiatives at NID (CFBI-NID)
Chairman, GeoVisualisation Task Group (DST, Govt. of India) (2006-2008)
National Institute of Design
Paldi
Ahmedabad 380 007 India

Tel: (off) 91 79 26623692 ext 1090