DIS-FORUM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DIS-FORUM Home

DIS-FORUM  January 2009

DIS-FORUM January 2009

Re: Digitisation for dyslexic students

Penny Georgiou <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.

Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:13:04 +0000

Dear Pauline,

The DSA funded support for students with SpLDs usually includes a scanner with good quality OCR software and screen reading software, so that students can convert most forms of text into a screen readable format.

It may be a question of training and the student being introduced to this approach, which forsters greater learner independence, where possible.

Regards,

PG