LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  December 2008

LIS-E-RESOURCES December 2008

Oxford Journals Archive - query titles

"Randall,Tracey" <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by the UK Serials Group <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 9 Dec 2008 14:49:21 +0000

Hi there

I am trying to find out some information regarding the Oxford Journals
Archive that was licensed last year under a JISC Collections Agreement.

My understanding from my colleagues and from the JISC Collections web
site is that two titles, available as part of the Oxford Journals
Archive, are not covered by the JISC Collections Agreement as they were
digitised after negotiations had finished.  These titles are:

    * ICES Journal of Marine Sciences (1903 -- 1995)
    * Integrative and Comparative Biology (1962 -- 1995)

Since notification late in 2007 that these titles were not included, we
have been trying to licence access to them with Oxford directly.
However, we are still unable to secure access, or even obtain a price
quote.  There was some mention from Oxford of trying to secure a
supplementary national contract with JISC to offer all of the additional
OUP archive titles to everyone.  I wonder if this is the cause of the delay?

Anyway, I am just wondering if anyone else has managed to licence access
to the archives of these two titles?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Tracey Randall

--
Tracey Randall
Electronic Resources Librarian

Tel:	01248 388455
Email:	[log in to unmask]

--
Gall y neges e-bost hon, ac unrhyw atodiadau a anfonwyd gyda hi,
gynnwys deunydd cyfrinachol ac wedi eu bwriadu i'w defnyddio'n unig

This email and any attachments may contain confidential material and
is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete this email.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you
must not use, retain or disclose any information contained in this
email.  Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender and do
not necessarily represent those of the Bangor University.
Bangor University does not guarantee that this email or
any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure.  Unless
expressly stated in the body of the text of the email, this email is
not intended to form a binding contract - a list of authorised
signatories is available from the Bangor University Finance
Office.  www.bangor.ac.uk