MCG December 2008

Re: Go to page number

Fiona Romeo <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:53:42 -0000

Welcome Hanan,

It's a different context but page numbers have a relatively long history
of use in British interactive television - from Ceefax to 'red button'
services.

Here's a quick overview of interactive TV in the UK:
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/BBCi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Red_Button

And here's a paper that evaluates various navigational options for TV,
including page numbers:
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1453832

I think that page numbers were primarily intended to make it easier to
go from print (BBC Radio Times) to the relevant page on TV.

Fiona