CILIP Training & Development are pleased to announce our new training programmes for 2009. Here's a selection of what we have in store February.
Don't forget - CILIP members receive up to 40% discount on all CILIP training.
3 FEBRUARY 2009, LONDON
Designed for those who are new to supervising, this workshop will develop your ability when supervising colleagues, clarifying your role and building on your supervision skills.
* Role of the supervisor
* Boundaries - what they are and how to set them
* Managing work - allocation, delegation and abrogation
* Setting SMART goals
FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2009/md/supervisoryskills1.htm
BIDDING FOR FUNDS **New Course**
11 FEBRUARY 2009, LONDON
An essential course for librarians who need to raise money for new projects (such as digitisation, relocation/expansion, archives). On the day you will learn how to develop a fundraising strategy of your own, exploring how to cost a project and how to research for funders.
* The principles of fundraising
* Writing the application - dos and don'ts
* Case studies: good and bad applications
FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2009/md/biddingforfunds.htm
GETTING THE MOST OUT OF GOOGLE(tm)
19 FEBRUARY 2009, LONDON
How do you Google? Without doubt Google is the information professional's general purpose search engine of choice but many of us perform searches simply by entering subject terms. This can often bring back good results but not always, because we are not using Google(tm) in the most effective way. This one-day hands-on CILIP course will teach you the techniques needed to bring the most relevant hits to the top of your search list.
* How it works and why it matters
* Advanced search functions
* The future - what's going on in the labs?
FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2009/ict/gettingthemostoutofgoogle.htm
SUPPORTING CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS **New Course**
26 FEBRUARY 2009, LONDON
Children with special educational needs (SEN) face many problems, but their needs also pose challenges for libraries. Learn more about the needs of children with learning difficulties and identify effective methods for supporting their learning and reading difficulties in school and public libraries.
* Definitions: learning difficulties and their implications for libraries
* Supporting learning, information literacy, library skills and homework
* Planning: policy implications and strategies for action
FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2009/childyoung/Supportingchildrenwithspecialeducationalneeds.htm
HOW TO BE AN EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATOR **New Course**
24 FEBRUARY 2009, LONDON
The ability to be an effective communicator and influence others will make your job easier! Gain an understanding of the personal styles of you and your colleagues and clients and learn the skills and knowledge needed to open up new or blocked communication channels.
* Different communication styles and preferences
* Interpretations of personal profiles
* Adjusting your personal style to accommodate needs
* Strategies and techniques to influence others
FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2009/md/howtobeaneffectivecommunicator.htm
You can browse our full selection of courses for February and the rest of 2009, online. See what we have in store: http://www.cilip.org.uk/trainingcourses
Don't forget, all CILIP members receive up to 40% discount on all CILIP Training courses.