HUMOUR-RESEARCH December 2008

Re: Re; Humor and not humor

Humour-Research <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 5 Dec 2008 07:22:16 -0500

Dino, Humor Researchers,

I watched the video, this is what I would describe as laughter by
contagion or by suggestion. In animal behavior there are two classes of
motivation: priming and homeostatic. Priming is more widely studied by
far. Contagion or suggestion is a prime example of priming in humans, if
you see what I mean!
To answer your question, is this humor? To you and me it may be not, to
the people experiencing it, it probably is.
After watching the video, I felt that the explanation of humor must be
simple and intuitive, not complex and conditional, but I could be wrong.

Faisal Kadri