JiscMail Logo

Help for COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Archives

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Archives

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Archives

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Home

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Home

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE  December 2008

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE December 2008

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: published paper in relation to "Narrative Evidence Based Medicine"

Naidoo <[log in to unmask]>

Complexity and chaos theories applied to primary medical and social care <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:35:54 -0000

text/plain

Dear All,

Good achievement getting it published. Will take time for the Lancet to realise the opportunity it has missed. I too have been working on the patient narrative, primarily recording using filmed/video. Such narratives provide a key real-time insight that fits well with complexity and transformational change (least it's not just a systems derived toolbox). In some areas it is gaining recognition. Like The Lancet however in my experience the rest seem to be oblivious to the real usefulness of the patient narrative to help bring about change and improvement - particularly in the context of relationships and respect. Again it will take time for this to gain better recognition. Congratulations again to Carmel and yourself re publication...and thank you for your tenacity and persistence.

Shaun and Marian Naidoo
Naidoo and Associates