FOLIO ProMISe Course Confirmation

Anthea Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:41:01 +0000

Dear all

This email is to confirm that you have been successful in gaining a place on
the FOLIO Course: Promoting and Marketing Library and Information Services
(ProMISe). Please note that the course will start on Monday 17 November and
will run until Friday 23 January 2009, including a two-week break for the
Christmas and New Year period (22 December-5 January).

If you are no longer able to participate in the ProMISe course, please email
us at: [log in to unmask] before 5pm on Friday 14 November.

Please note that we also require you to let us know, prior to the start of
the course, if you wish to follow the self-directed route. For further
details see below:

Based on the experiences of hundreds of former FOLIO participants and the
observations of the FOLIO team, we consider that involvement in group tasks
and discussions plays a vital role in the educational experience and
enjoyment of course participants. All ProMISe participants will thus be
assigned to a small group to work for completion of various tasks throughout
the duration of the course.

However, in line with the flexible nature of the course, if you feel you
have good reason to opt out of working with others during the ProMISe
course, please email us, including the reason(s) for your request, at
[log in to unmask] by 5pm on Friday 14 November. You should be aware
that opting to follow this self-directed route will have implications on
your portfolio workload and assessment criteria. We therefore ask you to
refer to the information at
http://promise.pbwiki.com/Self-Directed%20Route before making your final
decision. If we do not hear from you prior to the start of the course, you
will automatically be allocated to one of the buddy groups for collaborative
group work during the course.

If you have any further questions regarding any aspect the course, please
email: [log in to unmask]

Best wishes from the FOLIO Team.