Re: pdf papers

JH Yvinec <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:42:21 +0200

hello
pehaps somebody know that there are private tools for exchange of file (
peer to peer).
Gigatribe is one of them. http://www.gigatribe.com/tour/accueil.php?lg=us
It is a software in English / Français / Español / Svenska / Nederlands,
and with it i can
give access to one or more of my folders. When you have a count (it's
free) and when i have added your name, you can go and take what you
want in my folders.
only archeolozoogists i (or other member) invite can acess to the the
private network.
And the informations are on your computer and there is no limits of
file (1 giga byte if you want). only yours guest can acess to yours files.
It seems to be a very efficient way to solve our problem of exchange of
file and informations. Your PDFs are always available for others members
and automatically !
You have also a little chat ( perso or general) which allow you to ask
others members a publication or ...
We can create a private network and informations are encoded. We can do
what we want on, because it is not on the web...
This tool or another could be a good add to zooarch o for a small group.
cheers

J.H. Yvinec
Ingénieur de recherche INRAP,
Laboratoire d'archéozoologie de Compiègne,
UMR 5197 du CNRS, Archéozoologie, histoire des sociétés humaines et des
peuplements animaux,
CRAVO, 21 rue des Cordeliers, 60200 Compiègne, France,
tel : 33 (0)3 44 23 28 10
visitez le site