FSL October 2008

re-installing FSL on Mac 10.4.11

Laura deSouza <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:28:32 +0100

FSL isn't working well on our Mac, and it needed an update anyway, so I
decided to re-install it. Following the manual instructions, I ran into
problems right away, so when I tried

tar -zxvf ~/Desktop/fsl-4.1.1-macosx.tar.gz

on the compressed tarball, it gave a huge list of errors, all in a row.
Example, a couple of these rows:

fsl/refdoc/fast4/
tar: fsl/refdoc/fast4: Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory
fsl/refdoc/feat5/
tar: fsl/refdoc/feat5: Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory
...(and finally):

I also tried using the installer, and it seems to work fine, except at the end:

Patching environment
.bash_profile already contains a FSLDIR definition which is wrong.\nFixing
FSLDIR configuration...
'/Users/ldesouza/.bash_profile' updated with new FSLDIR definition.
Setting up Apple terminal...
DISPLAY is already being configured in your '/Users/ldesouza/.bash_profile'
- not changing
bash: /Users/ldesouza/.bash_profile: line 5: syntax error: unexpected end of
file

and then it quits. echo $FSL_DIR yields a blank line, and flirt -version
yields bash: flirt: command not found.

I've searched the archives, but the only solution seems to be redownload FSL
or X11. I've done both to no avail.