PLAGIARISM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

PLAGIARISM Home

PLAGIARISM  October 2008

PLAGIARISM October 2008

Deterring Plagiarism (in schools)

Hilary Richmond <[log in to unmask]>

Plagiarism <[log in to unmask]>, Hilary Richmond <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:20:58 +0100

[Apologies for Cross-Posting]

Earlier this week, I attended the Netskills course on “Deterring Plagiarism in
Schools”.

A Production Company for Teachers TV came along to gather material for a
future programme (to be aired around next February).  They are however
struggling to find Secondary Schools who are beginning to address the issue.
So if you do know of any schools (with pupils under 16) who may be willing to
talk to the team please could you pass on the following info:

A production company working for Teachers TV is very keen to hear from a
secondary school that uses the internet as a research tool with pupils. We're
particularly interested in hearing from anyone that has started to develop/
explore ways of tackling the issue of plagiarism (school policy/ staff training
etc). We're very conscious that this is a new area for the majority of schools,
so are not expecting to see the finished product- more to offer some
suggestions to viewers as to how to approach implementation. Filming would
take a maximum of one day, ideally within the next 3 weeks - for more
information please don't hesitate to get in touch with [log in to unmask]

Cheers
Hilary Richmond
e-Resources
Cross-Site Library