Help for LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-LINK Home

LIS-LINK  October 2008

LIS-LINK October 2008

InForum 8 October 2008 6 - 7.30pm - Getting what you want - using NLP techniques

Jill Duffin <[log in to unmask]>

Jill Duffin <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 3 Oct 2008 16:16:53 +0100

Apologies for cross posting

Back in May,  Jill Duffin (CILIP's Head of Information & Advice) and her NLP
colleague Auline Jean Melbourne, helped participants consider how to improve
our communications skills using NLP.   Next week…. returning by "popular
demand" …… Jill and Auline will help us discover whether NLP can help us to
"get what we want"?

I  hope to see many of you for a lively session – and do come mentally
prepared with some ideas about situations where you felt
'*mildly*uncomfortable', and times when things didn't turn out quite
as you'd hoped.

Please forward this notification to any of your contacts who might be
interested.

Best wishes

Lyndsay
    CILIP InForum: where informative meets informal

CILIP InForum is a series of discussion workshops where you can network with
like-minded library and information professionals.  Enjoy face-to-face
sharing and collaboration that compliments the CILIP Communities online
platform.

*Wednesday 8th October 08*

CILIP, 7 Ridgmount Street, London WC1E 7AE

*5.30pm for a 6.00pm start*.  Finish at 7.30pm**

*
*

*Getting what you want - using NLP techniques *

R  How do you deal with awkward situations?  Is there a better way?

R  We will bring to mind a previous experience (not necessarily work), where
we have felt *mildly* uncomfortable and would have liked a different
outcome. Don't panic we won't be delving too deep.

R  Hopefully we'll also have time to reflect on a time when we didn't get
the result hoped for.  Maybe we were overruled or ignored; things went
'wrong'; we felt like a failure; got in a state or simple didn't enjoy it.

R  Come and join us for a fun evening trying out a few NLP exercises to help
you get what you want in future.

**

There will be a charge of £5.00 for CILIP members and £15.00 for
non-members. Refreshments [wine/nibbles] will be provided.

*To reserve a space please email: *Lyndsay Rees-Jones, CILIP, 7 Ridgmount
Street, London WC1E 7AE

Tel: 020 7255 0630 [log in to unmask]   Because space is
limited, booking is essential.

*CILIP InForum booking form*

* *

*Meeting date: ________________________________*

* *

*Name:  _____________________________________________________________*

* *

*CILIP membership number*:  ______________________

*Email (and or) phone contact: _______________________________________*

*Cheque enclosed to value of  £5        [member] or £15         [non-member]
*

We look forward to welcoming you

*______________________________________**
**Lyndsay Rees-Jones
Senior Adviser, Membership Support Unit, CILIP
T: +44 (0)20 7255 0630*

*E: [log in to unmask]*

*W: www.cilip.org.uk*

*CILIP InForums <http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/inforums> - monthly
personal development events*

*CILIP Communities <http://communities.cilip.org.uk/> - connect directly
with fellow members*

*CILIP Network of Expertise and Interests
<http://www.cilip.org.uk/network>- find out who knows what
*

* *