JiscMail Logo
Email discussion lists for the UK Education and Research communities

Help for CHAPLAINCY-SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH Archives


CHAPLAINCY-SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH Archives

CHAPLAINCY-SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH Archives


CHAPLAINCY-SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK


View:

Message:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

Font:

Proportional Font

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

CHAPLAINCY-SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH Home

CHAPLAINCY-SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH Home

CHAPLAINCY-SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH  September 2008

CHAPLAINCY-SPIRITUALITY-HEALTH September 2008

Options

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Subject:

Re: Day Conference for senior/lead chaplains

From:

"Hough Carole (RD8) Milton Keynes Hospital" <[log in to unmask]>

Reply-To:

A network for chaplains, educationalists and researchers

Date:

Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:32:56 +0100

Content-Type:

text/plain

Parts/Attachments:

Parts/Attachments

text/plain (229 lines)

Mark, with respect, this is a free and open discussion- and whilst you may feel it has gone on long enough we each have the right to make our contribution without feeling that we will be pounced on for doing so.
My comment still stands, and I am sorry if others feel that this is unfair or inappropriate. I organised a conference with Prof Frances Young and managed to cost that at  12.50 per head.
However, the purpose of the email was to register that some of us will be excluded from events such as these if they are going to be 50 a time- and that that should be a concern for the whole of CHCC. I am not having a go at anybody- but wanting to open a discussion which is about funding issues for those of us who do not have the luxury of funding sources and therefore have to make difficult decisions about what we attend. Given the nature of CHCC I feel that we should all have the opportunity to attend such meetings- and if those with more money in their budget would like to subsidise places for others maybe this would in itself be fulfilling CHCC's obligation to be a resource for all- not just those who have access to money.

Carole



-----Original Message-----
From: A network for chaplains, educationalists and researchers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sutherland, Mark
Sent: 15 September 2008 12:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Day Conference for senior/lead chaplains

Dear Anne,

Thank you for confronting this issue. This conversation about whether 50 is reasonable has gone on long enough. I am sorry if some chaplains find this prohibitive. 50 is not a lot of money it is very very reasonable. 

For those who find travelling to Cambridge is out of the question, then as you suggest it is always open for them to offer to host the next day.


The Revd Mark Sutherland
Presiding Chaplain
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust 
Spiritual & Pastoral Care | Strategy and Business Development Unit | Maudsley Hospital | Denmark Hill | London | SE5 8AZ
Telephone: 020 3228 2815  Internal: 82815  Fax: 020 3228 7115   Mobile: 07976 329 386   
 _____________________________________________________________
020 3228 6000 The switchboard number for SLaM
Mental health matters - Click if you care
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) provides mental health and substance misuse services for people living in the London Boroughs of Croydon, Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham.  In addition, the Trust provides substance misuse services for people in the London Boroughs of Bexley, Greenwich and Bromley, as well as specialist services to people from across the UK.

-----Original Message-----
From: A network for chaplains, educationalists and researchers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Aldridge, Anne Rev'd
Sent: 15 September 2008 12:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Day Conference for senior/lead chaplains

Dear All

I am very surprised at the amount of emails this has generated. 

The College is attempting to be inclusive in everything that is currently happening with regard to the Professional Agenda etc.

Whilst I appreciate that 50 may seem a lot of money most conferences are at least this amount of money (see LOROS day in November) and many are considerably more.

It has also been suggested that Cambridge has been decided as the venue for these days to take place. The only reason for holding the last conference and the one in October here is purely logistic (I am organising it and I live here!) If anyone else has other suggestions for different venues for future events I would be happy to hear of them and to work with them in facilitating the event.

I really hope many of you will be able to attend as the day is so important for information transference and for networking.

Blessings to all

Anne

-----Original Message-----
From: A network for chaplains, educationalists and researchers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] 
Sent: 10 September 2008 14:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Day Conference for senior/lead chaplains


Hi Susan, it wasn't a protest more an observation- unfortunately for some of us even 50 is too much and given that I have not managed to attend the CHCC Annual Conference for several years due to the cost I don't particularly want to be excluded again because I work in a DGH that just does not have these sorts of funds. These meetings are of very high importance - hence why I feel strongly about it. 
Thanks,Carole

-----Original Message-----
From: A network for chaplains, educationalists and researchers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of HOLLINS SUSAN
Sent: 10 September 2008 13:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Day Conference for senior/lead chaplains

Once upon a time, in the ancient days of the Caring for the Spirit Strategy, Chaplaincy Collaboratives in all the English regions were formed in order to provide, and sustain, exactly the excellent kind of meeting that is being offered here by the College; with a vision also of bringing together chaplains and other key staff with a professional interest in the spiritual healthcare agenda.

Perhaps the challenge (protest?) may not so much be directed towards the College for having the forethought to organise such a day and locating it in Cambridge, but rather to the Regional College groups and any remaining Chaplaincy Collaborative to address these matters more locally and thus inclusively.

I'm sorry that I won't be able to attend this meeting.

With good wishes

Susan




Rev'd Susan Hollins
Chaplain

Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Trust
Sydney Street
London
SW3 6NP


0207 352 8121(Switchboard)

Bleep 7150 / ext 2259
-----Original Message-----
From: A network for chaplains, educationalists and researchers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tyler, Alan
Sent: 10 September 2008 13:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Day Conference for senior/lead chaplains

I have concerns that Cambridge has been chosen as a regular venue for these training days.  I acknowledge the importance of good back up support and reasonable costs, however, for me and many like me the journey is four to five hours minimum and therefore with a 9am start an overnight stay is necessary adding more to the cost.

Perhaps an option might be to encourage chaplaincy departments to host a day, paying for venue and food.  This would keep costs down to a minimum and give opportunity to senior chaplains from further a field to attend.

I am happy to volunteer Gwent as a future venue?

Alan Tyler
Senior Chaplain Gwent Healthcare 


-----Original Message-----
From: A network for chaplains, educationalists and researchers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hough Carole (RD8) Milton Keynes Hospital
Sent: 10 September 2008 12:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Day Conference for senior/lead chaplains

Thanks for your response Derek. I appreciate what you have written.

I disagree that the cost is not restrictive, unfortunately in this Trust there is very limited money available for any training or days such as these at all- and there are many training issues that need to be addressed with this very limited pot of money. Thanks,
Carole

-----Original Message-----
From: A network for chaplains, educationalists and researchers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Fraser, Revd Dr Derek
Sent: 10 September 2008 11:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Day Conference for senior/lead chaplains

Dear Carol

The conference costs are often in excess of 50 per head and hence the need to charge at least that amount. There are many challenges around funding in NHS but this is an important opportunity and we assume chaplaincy line mangers will have the encouragement to fund this. In addition there are often charitable funds available and hence we feel this is not a restrictive charge.

We have gone to the Moeller centre because it is cheaper that any of the Federation theological colleges and that includes those I am linked with in a teaching capacity.

We are keen to promote this kind of networking event and hope as many as possible will be able to be there. The need for the day was recognised a long time ago but we have chosen to use Cambridge as a base because of the back up we have from staff to make it happen regularly and without incurring extra costs to participants.

Hope that helps to address some of your concerns

Derek Fraser
Cambridge

PS Anne is on Leave this week


-----Original Message-----
From: A network for chaplains, educationalists and researchers [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Sent: 09 September 2008 14:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Day Conference for senior/lead chaplains



Dear Anne, I am wondering if all of these events will be 50 a time? Unfortunately if this is the case it will exclude people like me who have an extremely limited budget. It would be a great shame if there was not a full representation at these events because of cost. Recently our local CHCC  branch has negotiated a great deal with the local theological college which has really reduced costs. I am wondering if it would be possible to explore other possibilities as I think the concept is very important in terms of sharing as Senior/Lead Chaplains. Thanks Carole Revd Carole Hough Milton Keynes


-----Original Message-----
From: A network for chaplains, educationalists and researchers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Clive Smith
Sent: 03 September 2008 19:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Day Conference for senior/lead chaplains

Dear Anne,
Many thanks both for this email and the 'hard copy' which has arrived.I am unable to come that day, many apologies. Please keep me informed and on the mailing list. Best wishes, Clive Smith


--- On Tue, 26/8/08, Anne Aldridge <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> From: Anne Aldridge <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Day Conference for senior/lead chaplains
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Date: Tuesday, 26 August, 2008, 4:01 PM
> Hi to all,
>

> this is advance notice of a day conference for senior/lead chaplains

> about the new UKBHC. This should come to you by mail also - if it
> doesn't please could

> you let me know? Any questions please don't hesitate to
> ask.
>

> blessings
>

> Anne Aldridge


     


The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and should not be disclosed to any other party without valid consent. The views expressed may not be official policy but the personal views of the originator. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please advise the sender and delete it all and any attachments from your system. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution, other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. The Anti-Virus software used by both Milton Keynes Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Milton Keynes Primary Care Trust is regularly updated in an effort to minimise the possibility of viruses infecting our systems. However, you should be aware that there is no absolute guarantee that any files attached to this e-mail are virus free. Recipients should be aware that all E-mails received and sent by both Trusts are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to a third party.!

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and should not be disclosed to any other party without valid consent. The views expressed may not be official policy but the personal views of the originator.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please advise the sender and delete it all and any attachments from your system. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution, other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
The Anti-Virus software used by both Milton Keynes Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Milton Keynes Primary Care Trust is regularly updated in an effort to minimise the possibility of viruses infecting our systems. However, you should be aware that there is no absolute guarantee that any files attached to this e-mail are virus free.
Recipients should be aware that all E-mails received and sent by both Trusts are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to a third party.!
Mae'r e-bost hwn (ac unrhyw atodiadau) yn gyfrinachol a gall gynnwys barn bersonol nad yw'n farn Ymddiriedolaeth GIG Gofal Iechyd Gwent oni bai fod hynny wedi ei ddatgan yn benodol Os ydych chi wedi ei dderbyn trwy gamgymeriad, dilewch o'ch system, peidiwch a defnyddio, copio na datgelu'r wybodaeth mewn unrhyw fodd. Hysbyswch y sawl a'i anfonodd am y camgymeriad hwn ar unwaith os gwelwch yn dda.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Gwent HealthCare NHS Trust unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, delete it from your system, do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way. Please notify the sender immediately of this error.





DISCLAIMER:


The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000.  Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this email, and your reply cannot be guaranteed.


The information and material in this email is intended for the use of the intended addressee or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee.  It may contain privileged or confidential information and/or copyright material.


If you receive this email by mistake please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software or notify Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Trust Help Desk on +44(0) 20 7351 8696


Communication is not sent through a secure server; Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Trust cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of outgoing electronic mail.  Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not represent the view of Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Trust unless specifically stated.

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and should not be disclosed to any other party without valid consent. The views expressed may not be official policy but the personal views of the originator.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please advise the sender and delete it all and any attachments from your system. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution, other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
The Anti-Virus software used by both Milton Keynes Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Milton Keynes Primary Care Trust is regularly updated in an effort to minimise the possibility of viruses infecting our systems. However, you should be aware that there is no absolute guarantee that any files attached to this e-mail are virus free.
Recipients should be aware that all E-mails received and sent by both Trusts are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to a third party.!

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and should not be disclosed to any other party without valid consent. The views expressed may not be official policy but the personal views of the originator.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please advise the sender and delete it all and any attachments from your system. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution, other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
The Anti-Virus software used by both Milton Keynes Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Milton Keynes Primary Care Trust is regularly updated in an effort to minimise the possibility of viruses infecting our systems. However, you should be aware that there is no absolute guarantee that any files attached to this e-mail are virus free.
Recipients should be aware that all E-mails received and sent by both Trusts are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to a third party.!

Top of Message | Previous Page | Permalink

JISCMail Tools


RSS Feeds and Sharing


Advanced Options


Archives

April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
July 2013
June 2013
May 2013
April 2013
March 2013
February 2013
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
August 2012
July 2012
June 2012
May 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
November 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
July 2011
June 2011
May 2011
April 2011
March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010
December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
July 2009
June 2009
May 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009
December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008
December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
September 2007
August 2007
July 2007
June 2007
May 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007
2006
2005
2004
2003
2002
2001
2000
1999


WWW.JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Secured by F-Secure Anti-Virus CataList Email List Search Powered by the LISTSERV Email List Manager