FW: Women in Film and Media Showcase

S J Gillis <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 23 Aug 2008 15:46:46 +0100

Cine25. Women in Film and Media Showcase. <http://cine25.blogspot.com/2008/08/cine25-women-in-film-and-media-showcase.html>

Celebrating 25 years of The Centre for Women's Studies at The University of York, the Centre, in conjunction with the TFTV* society are hosting a weekend of film screenings, panel discussions and a grass-roots and community filmmaking workshop.

It takes place over the weekend of 7th-8th February 2009 in York, UK.

Cine25 invite the participation of women-and-gender focussed filmmakers and those who work in film, TV and media from a community, professional and/or academic perspective. If you would like to screen your work, take part in a panel discussion or the filmmaking workshop, please get in touch.

We are looking for:

--- short films (non-fiction, fiction, animation, live action all welcome) 2-12 minutes long on standard DVD format (longer films may be considered). Themes of women, gender, sexuality and feminism are encouraged
--- filmmakers, archivists, academics and anyone else involved in film, video, and television media for panel discussions on women's involvement in filmmaking. A particular focus of conversation will be work from the past 25 years to today
--- film and media practitioners to take part in facilitating a workshop focussing on grass-roots/community/alternative/low-budget filmmaking

We are applying for funding but as this is a low-budget student-organised event, we will only be able to offer a small amount of money towards travel costs - if we get our funding. Please be advised we will be unable to pay you a fee to attend or facilitate at the event.

For filmmakers interested in screening their work, please submit a short description of your film (100-300 words) and a short biographical note (100 words). We need to know the length of your film and what format it was shot on. If your work contains material potentially likely to offend, a preview DVD copy of the work will be required before your film is accepted.

Those interested in participating in the panel discussion and workshop should submit a biographical note (100 words) and a statement as to their interest in taking part in Cine25 and what they can offer the event.

Deadlines: Please submit your application of participation by 31st October 2008. You will be informed by 8th November as to whether your application has been accepted

For further information please contact [log in to unmask] and regularly check http://cine25.blogspot.com/ for updated details.

Dr Stacy Gillis
Lecturer in Modern and Contemporary Literature
School of English
Newcastle University
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU, United Kingdom