This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Biostatistician to work for a
biotechnology world leader in a contract role until the end of 2008 in
Thousand Oaks, CA. The contract can be renewed at the end of this period
and role can be home or office based. This company uses the power of
scientific discovery and innovation in medicine to develop novel products that
bring meaningful improvement to the lives of people all over the world.
JOB ROLE: The Biostatistician will learn about the role of Biostatistics within
the biopharmaceutical industry while being responsible for statistical tasks
used in clinical trials, ensuring quality and accuracy of own deliverables while
adhering to all the company’s policies, SOPs and other controlled documents.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES include:
• Drafting statistical text for study concept documents and
protocols (study design, endpoints, sample size, methods for analysis)
• Drafting statistical analysis plans, templates for tables, listings and
graphs and SDF dataset specifications.
• Assisting in the review of key study-related documents produced
by other functions.
• Writing, testing, validating and executing software programs to
produce SDF datasets and tables, listings and graphs for inclusion within CSRs,
ISS / ISE, publications and other communications.
• Drafting statistical text and contributing to statistical rewiew and
QC of CSRs, clinical publications and other communications.
• Assisting in the review of the company’s policies, SOPs and other
• Assisting with study and systems audits by Company CQA and
• Providing input to and participating in intra-departmental and
global Biostatistics meetings.
• Staying abreast of latest developments in the field of statistics in
drug development and contributing to scientific advances in the field.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• MS / MSc or equivalent in Statistics or other subject with high
• 7-8 years experience using Statistics in clinical trials.
• Experience in statistical analysis and in communication of
statistical information (written and oral).
• Knowledge of statistical methodology.
• Experience in Oncology is a plus.
BENEFITS OF THE ROLE: This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the
world's top biotech companies on a structured career path that values and
rewards individuals who are keen to make a difference. The company is widely
recognized a top employer and offers an outstanding work environment and
career development opportunities. You will receive an excellent remuneration.
Fforde is a uniquely specialised recruitment agency/business for the
pharmaceutical, clinical research and biotechnology sectors. For applications
please email your CV to: [log in to unmask] or speak to our
specialist consultant, Den Lowpetch on +1 212 520 8303 who will be pleased
to give you further information and advice on your personal career needs.
Visit our website and see all our job opportunities at www.fforde-
KEY WORDS: Biostatistician, Biostatistics, Statistician, Statistics, Statistical
Analysis, Statistical Methodology, MSc, Drug Development, Biopharmaceutical