PHD-DESIGN Archives

PHD-DESIGN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

PHD-DESIGN Home

PHD-DESIGN  July 2008

PHD-DESIGN July 2008

Re: def. design

"Filippo A. Salustri" <[log in to unmask]>

Filippo A. Salustri

Sun, 6 Jul 2008 20:08:23 -0400

As design evolves, there will be a spectrum of its manifestations.
There will be a cutting edge, and there will be the other, converse
edge.  We shouldn't discount the trailing edge just because it's trailing.

The stuff reported at the link Amanda pointed us to
(http://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/about-us/news/article.cfm?mnarticle=engineering-an-art-form-04-06-2008)
might not be leading edge, but it will open up some engineering students
to the broader picture.  And that can't be a bad thing, can it?

Cheers.
Fil

--
Filippo A. Salustri, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering