I am just about to start work on a new project which will involve
delivering an education programme to a range of audiences inspired by coal
mining art and photography. The audiences we will be trying to reach are:
young people (14-19) - informal and formal activities
young people and adults with special needs - outreach
I'd be really interested in hearing about any projects which have either:
- engaged with these target groups using an art collection
- used an art or photgraphy collection as a 'way in' to learning about
- used young people as consultants to assist with new acquisitions
- created a schools loans box based on an art/photography collection
- and/or any innovative art-related projects
That does seem like a long list now it's down in black and white!
All comments very gratefully received; I will be more than happy to
collate responses and email them to interested parties.
National Coal Mining Museum for England