Re: longitudinal model

Dirk den Ouden <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:27:46 -0500

Hi Jérôme,

I hope you don't mind me cc-ing this to the list, but it might be relevant
for others too, and it would be very helpful to get some more feedback on
this ...

I did get a few responses to my query, below, some saying it is not really
necessary to add regressors for the 'day' effect, and some saying you do
have to model all possible contributors to variance (as was my own p.o.v. as
well).

What I ended up doing was to model the different scan days (consisting of 4
runs each) as sessions and then adding 4 regressors to each session, one for
each run). I have attached the resulting estimated model. I am very
interested to hear if people think this is a good way to go for modeling
longitudinal data for single subjects, with multiple runs per scan day.

My design is slightly different from the one you describe in you email
(below), as I have my 3 conditions present in each run, and you seem to have
different conditions in different runs. The latter is a separate issue in
itself, but w.r.t. the modeling I don't think it makes a difference.