SIMSOC  June 2008

SIMSOC June 2008

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: [SPAM] - Re: [SIMSOC] How intelligent are our agents? - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Frank Lenk <[log in to unmask]>

Frank Lenk <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:39:38 -0500

text/plain

Of course, the most interesting part isn't that complex patterns can emerge from simple rules, it's in discovering the rules for changing the rules of the game itself.  People are always coming up against the limits of whatever system they find themselves within. Some then seek ways around those limits (Who?).  Sometimes they are successful (Why?), and sometimes their success leads to a cascade of changes that change social rules themselves (When?). Maybe their attempts can be modeled as being completely random processes, but my gut feeling is that intelligence matters to this search, though clearly system structure constrains which attempts actually succeed.

Frank

Frank Lenk
Director of Research Services
Mid-America Regional Council