Position: Technical Support Analyst (GIS)
Duration: 6 Months to Permanent
Interviews/ Start date - ASAP
As a member of the GIS Project Support Service team you will undertake
tasks as directed by the client to provide the support service function to
all of its customers.
Duties will involve:
* Acting as a key external contact, to ensure appropriate professional
representation for the client at all times.
* To provide timely resolution of customer support desk issues,
determining scope of fault and whether escalation to others is needed,
whilst keeping customer informed throughout.
* To build and maintain good working relationships with customers and
* To improve the achievement of service levels by proactively managing and
prioritising support calls.
* Determine scope of technical faults and analyse issues seeking clear
resolution with suppliers.
* Ensure that the suppliers are undertaking best practice methodology when
* Lead all the technical tasks required to ensure suppliers deliver fixes
and upgrades that are fit for purpose and meet contractual agreements.
* Provide operational, technical and back-up support to programme PM's and
* Establish strong liaison with suppliers and partners who may be part of
the GIS project.
* Provide required reports (support fault status, progress, and customer
status) in a timely fashion.
Highly Sought Applicants will possess the following:
* Previous experience as a Systems Engineer or as a Technical Engineer in
complex, customer-focused IT role.
* Previous experience in software specification/development. Experience of
software used within UK Local Government related software is particularly
beneficial and or GIS products.
* Thorough understanding of the technical aspects of a project/programme
in relation to a contract and sub-contract, plan of work, budget,
operational implementation and managed service.
* Experience in a consultative change management environment, specifically
in relation to workflow process automation would be an advantage.
* Experience or knowledge in the UK Local Government or public sector IT
environment is preferred.
* The ability to analyse, manipulate and write technical reports.
* Thorough understanding and experience with GIS Support Service
principles and tools.
* Several years experience with MS Office tools.
* Experience of GIS software
* Must have good initiative and be able to work autonomously at times,
while meeting company process guidelines.
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully within a goal
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: